- eXtreme Minimal Kernel
- A free Real Time Operating System for Microcontrollers
eXtreme Minimal Kernel is a preemptive multithreaded real-time
operating system for microcontrollers. XMK's primary design goal is
to be small, extremely small, without sacrificing performance
or functionality. XMK's minimal footprint makes it ideal for
running on 8bit microcontrollers, while its feature content makes it
a excellent choice for 16bit and 32bit microcontrollers.
XMK is 100% configurable, from a no frills thread scheduler
to a full featured RTOS with TCP/IP networking.
News & Messages
- Critical Patch for Renesas's M16C
- A patch was released on October 17, 2004 to upgrade
the v0.1.1 release to v0.1.1a. The patch fixes a
critical error in the low level interrupt handlers of
the M16C port. This patch only
affects the M16C platform specific code.
- Renesas's M16C Supported
- The October 3, 2004 release of XMK (v0.1.1) adds
support for Renesas's M16C and R8C microcontrollers.
- New Release
- As of March 26, 2004 the Beta release 0.1.0 is available for
download. The Release includes the integration of
lwIP TCP/IP stack and the demo application from
the Embedded System Conference.
- New IP Address for Perforce Server
- As of March 4, 2004, the IP address of Shift-Right's
Public Perforce server has changed. The new IP
address is: 184.108.40.206
- Embedded System Conference
March 29 - April 1, 2004.
- Come visit us at Electronica USA at the Embedded System
Conference this March. We will be in the
Nu Horizons booth demonstrating
XMK's networking capabilities running on Nu Horizons'
TCP/IP development kit